Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Burpees are like Brussel Sprouts.



I love burpees.  

At least, I think I do.

Because I made myself think so.

Burpees have a bad reputation, kinda like brussel sprouts.  We are just somehow born thinking that they're both awful.  I don't know how that started because burpees and brussel sprouts are both excellent and so good for you.  You just have to change your perspective to enjoy them.  

One day I was suffering through a long set of burpees.  My mindset was "just get through this".  Then all of a sudden in a moment of insanity, it somehow occurred to me that I might be pretty good at them.

From that moment on it has become my personal truth.  "I am good at burpees; therefore I love them".

Now I get excited to do them. Because I think I like them I am able to remain relaxed, which reduces my stress and helps me perform. My mindset has shifted from "just get through this" to "how can I make every movement as efficient as possible and become faster?".  I'm no longer focusing on the misery but the mastery.

Honestly, I have no idea if I was actually any good at burpees that one day, but that doesn't matter because the change of perspective set me up for success and since then I have become good at them.

This leads me to wonder...if we were to face each movement, each workout, each challenge with the perspective of "I'm good at this." how much more could we achieve, and could we have more fun doing it?

Let's try it and see.

 - Coach Amy
fsuamy@gmail.com




11 comments:

  1. Amazing post! I appreciate your hard work. Thank you for sharing. I have also share some use full information.
    The best Mosquito trap Mosquitron Review
    snow teeth whitening
    snow teeth white
    try snow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi nice and very informative Article. Thank you for sharing. I have also share some usefull information on other plaforms.
    cricket world cup live streeming
    cwc math live streeming free

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder is a personified statement which if ever makes you doubtful then need not to worry and panic.Fair and White Cream Transform yourself and switch from striking appearance to subtle glaze, from a formal radiance to vintage lustre with wide variety of Beauty and Personal care products available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice post, I really very thankful to you for sharing such type of valuable content. Thank you so much, keep growing. The PhotoStick Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh amazing information in this post such a good quality content in this post
    thanks for sharing with us keep it up.
    Live TempPro Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great piece of content after reading all this I'm feeling so overwhleming that I've gain some sort of knowledge from this page. Keep up the good work!! Thank YOU! https://theviraltech.com/signal-relief-review/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the information please keep it up
    backXpack Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate your work and knowledge. I will recommend this blog to others, more people will get the information and help. For the best quality information and quick updates
    t20 world cup 2021 venue and schedule
    t20 world cup 2021 venue news

    ReplyDelete