Tuesday, October 15, 2013

2 days til fight

2 days til fight.



Nothing makes me feel more like a local celebrity though than football practice being moved from Thursday to Friday so that the coaches could come to my fight!  Now that's cool.  ;)

Training has not lightened up like Sione promised.  :)  That's okay, only one day of training left - 3 workouts tomorrow.  Right now I am giddy about training ending, but I know I'll miss it so much.

I feel great mentally and physically.  Emotionally I'm extremely calm.  Denial maybe!  I know it will set in on Thursday so I'm just enjoying this peace. It comes from knowing that I have done absolutely everything in my power to prepare.  I held back nothing.  I have the best trainer and team.  I'm just going to do what I've been trained to do and we'll see what happens.  I'll be proud no matter what...I mean, unless I get knocked out or something ridiculous!  That would be embarrassing.

My family from Florida comes tomorrow and sets everything in motion.  I'm starting to pack my fight bag and my post-fight bag.  I have run out of time and don't have the fabulous after party outfit that I've always imagined, but look what the amazing ladies of Dover have given me (and my team)!  I'm just going to rock this all night anyway...


Speaking of after-party...please join us for a celebratory drink (I'm celebrating win or lose) at the W hotel lounge.  Right next to Royale at 100 Stuart St.  If you can't find us call my cell: 617-818-1029.

I won't be able to see any of you until then because unfortunately my fight is next to last.  I'm fight number 10 of 11.  Almost the main event ;).   I expect that my crowd will be pretty rowdy by then.  I want to hear you all!  Start practicing your Tomahawk Chop!  I want it to look as good as this.  ;)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlgfs7bIhys

Here is the fight card.  Doors open at 6:30. First fight starts at 7:30 and each fight will take approximately 15 minutes:  entrances, 3 two min rounds with a min break in between, announcing winner, etc...

Fight 1Karen Areyzaga
Jess Gerber
Fight 2Shannon Gargaro
Annie Clay
Fight 3Keryn Connolly
Jess Smith
Fight 4Margie Kelley
Mary Rubenis
Fight 5Felicia O'Brien
Jackie Haidar
Fight 6Tina Capello
Nikki Chu
Fight 7Katie Sullivan
Kristen Mercier
Fight 8Jaimee Steiner
Becca Laders
Fight 9Steph Mctighe
Zoe Rich
Fight 10Amy Fielding
Andrea Lang
Fight 11Leigh-Ann French
Marisa Hoffman

Please pay extra attention to fights 2 and 7. They're my team mates... Annie and Katie.  Please cheer loudly for them.  They're going to kill it.  I love those girls.  

If you haven't gotten your tickets yet the online ticketing closes at 3:00 on Thursday.  After that you can get them at the door if there are any left.  The big man has warned us that there are very few left.  Also, I'm not sure we get fundraising credit for them at the door so please get yours here now!  

While you're there check out how much money we have raised to help knock out breast cancer...as of right now just about $14K!!!!!   The event total is over $100K!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the support.  This fundraising total exceeds my wildest expectations, and I am forever grateful.  It brings this experience to another level for me.  Thank you.  

See you at the fight!  XOXO

 - JP



No comments:

Post a Comment