Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Anonymous.



Less than a month til fight!

Due to one belle dropping out and another breaking her wrist, they have had to change a few matches and I now have a new opponent (no longer the girl pictured with me above).  The good news is that I'll now be fighting a righty, and not a southpaw.  This makes training simpler.  But she is anonymous.  I don't know anything about her, and I won't spar her before the fight so it will all be a surprise. Come and see what happens!

I feel great.  Physically, I'm healthy and working hard.  Mentally, I'm ready.  Emotionally, I had no idea how intense the fundraising would be. Reading all of the names that the donations are honoring is humbling, and I'll do my best to honor them by giving this fight 100%.  You guys are making me soft though!  I'm supposed to be tough and the other day I started bawling at the bus stop because an anonymous donor gave a very generous $295 to my page to get me to exactly my goal of $5,000!!!   If that weren't enough to make me cry then here's the message that came with it...

"Strength does not come from winning.  Your struggles develop your strengths.  When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."  

Are you kidding me?  I'm crying again writing this.  Anonymous, I can't send you a thank you note so I hope that you are reading and know how deeply your generous act of kindness touched me.  Your message dwells within me.  Thank you.  

I have received donations from strangers, people from my past who I haven't seen in years, and of course my very best friends and family who are always in my corner.  Because of you, we have raised nearly $6,000 so far to fight breast cancer.  Double my original goal!  I appreciate that you could donate many places for this cause, and it means so much to me that you have chosen to do it by supporting me as well. Now, if you could just start leaving much meaner messages for me it would be helpful.  Boxers don't cry at bus stops. Stop making me so soft.  :)  








No comments:

Post a Comment